Friday, May 21, 2010

Pulled Pork Tenderloin

Back in.... well sometime during the late winter and early spring months, BK's mom gave him a pork tenderloin. I worked a little magic on it, and BK was in heaven. He has been wanting all different kinds since. Frankly, I was beginning to get all loined out. Especially since we have been milking the one we most recently cooked for two or three weeks now.

So for my first real post I am gonna share a recipe I am working on at this very moment. This particular loin I am using for tonight's dinner has been in the freezer since Easter! It followed me from McKay (my former residence) to BK's old house back to my old place and now here. Man, that loin sure does get around ;)

Now the title may throw some of you for a loop. Tenderloin? For pulling? Typically, this would not work seeing as how there is not enough fat and connective tissues to produce the proper pulling effect. But after scouring the web for an alternative to roasting and grilling, I came across several people that swear it works. I think it may be the unlikely ingredient in this one that works for tenderizing the cut of meat. My years of chemistry are eluding me at the moment. It must be a blond day!!

As per my usual modus operandi, I have melded together two recipes to create a masterpiece (fingers crossed)!

Ashley's CrockPot Pulled Pork Tenderloin
Pulled Pork before BBQ sauce
ingredients:
  • 3 lb pork tenderloin
  • 12 oz root beer
  • 1/2 onion chopped
  • 1 lg clove garlic sliced
  • 18 oz BBQ sauce
  • salt and pepper
  • hot sauce (optional)
  • hamburger buns
procedure:
  1. Rub the loin with salt and pepper. Using a fork, poke holes in the loin. Then place in the crockpot.
  2. Add onion and garlic on and around the loin. Then gently pour the root beer over the loin, onions and garlic. For an extra kick, add a small amount of hot sauce. (I used a household favorite Tapatio)
  3. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or until the meat is tender and easily pulled apart with a fork.
  4. Drain root beer and pull (shred) the pork. Add BBQ sauce (I chose store brand honey bbq) and simmer on low for another hour.
  5. Add the meat to toasted hamburger buns and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment