Wednesday, July 21, 2010

CrockPot Mush Mac n Cheese

As stated in the previous post I made a Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese. This one had chicken in it as well. Can't have all those carbs without a little protein to balance it out. My result was mush. Cheesy, chicken, noodle mush. It was yummy mush. I think it just needs to be watched, and tended to. Or the recipe needs to be re-worked. For now though, here it is:

CrockPot Mac n Cheese #1
ingredients:
  • 8 oz dry elbow macaroni
  • 1 chicken breast
  • 12 oz evaporated milk
  • 1 1/2 c. whole milk
  • 2 lg. eggs, beaten
  • 1/4 stick (1/8 c.) butter, melted
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 4 c. shredded cheese
  • black pepper and chili powder
procedure:
  1. Cut chicken breast into bite-sized chunks. Season with salt and pepper.
  2. Grease Crockpot and add chicken. Then add the dry pasta.
  3. Mix in the milk, eggs, butter, salt, pepper and chili powder. Stir in the cheese, leaving enough to sprinkle on the top. Stir mixture thoroughly.
  4. Sprinkle the top with remaining cheese. Cover and set on low.
  5. Cook for 3 hours or until noodles are tender.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Maybe I should have just read this one first :P hahaha anyway.. I'm going to try this so I'll let you know if mine turns out less mushy

Ashley Armstrong Krueger said...

I think if you just watch it, it will be okay. Around 2 hours it was good for me. The extra 60 mins made it turn to mush.

Post a Comment