This particular recipe is for masking wine. Just like I have a specific list of approved liquors, the same goes for wine. Growing up smack in the middle of Northern California's Wine Country does that to you. This is a wine fruit punch, not just a sangria. Because fruit is used, it is best to use what is in season. Also, different people like different fruits, I will just list the fruits I used. With all wine concoctions, you need to remember one thing: The longer it sits, the stronger it gets!
Summer Clerico Punch
- 750 mL bottle white wine
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. seltzer water or lemon lime soda
- 1/2 peach, cubed
- 1/2 nectarine, cubed
- 1/2 mango, cubed
- 1 lime
- 15 red grapes
- 10 blueberries
- Cube the peach, nectarine, and mango. Cut the lime in half and then slice. Add a few slices to cover the bottom of the jug. Add a portion of the wine and layer more slices of lime.
- Alternate adding some of the cubed fruit, sliced lime, grapes and blueberries with adding wine.
- Once all the wine is poured in, add the water and soda. Gently stir. Taste and add sugar to taste if needed.
- Finish by adding any remaining cubed fruit and ice to chill.