Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Field of Flowers: Wildflower Bread Company Review

Recently, I had dinner at Wildflower Bread Company. It was a first for me. Previously, I had a breakfast sandwich there. It was great.

When I got there I was really only expecting soups in bread bowls and sandwiches for dinner as well. Much to my surprise, they make their own pastas as well. I ordered the Butternut Squash Ravioli. Not too many people enjoy squash, so it is a rare treat that I can get a meal that is entirely based on it.

The service is fast, and I was enjoying my food quite fast. The pasta itself was a little chewy, not as tender as I prefer, but the filling was good. Next time, I need to pay better attention to the rest of the description of the dish. This one comes with a creamy Walnut sauce and nutmeg. The sauce itself was great, but I could have done without the whole chunks of soggy walnuts and the crop dusting of nutmeg. The house garlic ciabatta bread really completes the dish and brings it to the next level.

Overall, it wasn't awful, but there was room for improvement. I still suggest it to those looking for a light pasta or sandwich option or even breakfast.The meal was light and filling. I realize I say that quite a lot about food I review, but it is a big thing I look for. Being within walking distance of a lot of my favorite or other popular places to eat, I do not want to eat a huge meal and bloated and uncomfortable that it is unpleasant while walking home. I also want to be able to feel satisfied. I don't know anyone that wants to put down hard earned money just to be hungry an hour or two after they eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment