Thursday, January 9, 2020

Cleansing in 2020 | Why and How


Eating Junk and Watching Rubbish definitely sums up my holidays! Oops! All that merry making has definitely caught up with me. I headed into 2020 feeling a little foggy and weighed down. What better time to cleanse and start fresh?!

I know. I know! The topic of cleansing is big right now. So many people, especially at the beginning the year, are talking about how and why we should cleanse. My own 20 in 2020 goal of cleansing three times this year was no exception. That one little line item has sparked some great questions and conversations. I wanted to share some of that here.

The two most common questions were why am I doing it and how am I going about it.

Why We Should Cleanse
There are lots of individual reasons why someone would want go through cleansing. The short and sweet answer is that it is a great way to give your body a reset and fresh start and to get your mind in the right space for any health goals you may have this coming year.

We often cast aside health related issues until we "have the time" to deal with them. The problem is that we typically never just have the time. We end up managing the symptoms of the problem but never really take the times to unmask and deal with the root cause. Cleansing is a great way to jump start to finding the source to some of our ailments vs just dealing with the symptoms.

Also, we spend years pouring stress, and poor food and substance choices into our bodies. Those things negatively impact how our bodies work. They also limit how nutrients are absorbed when we are making great choices. Those not so great things we consume literally clog up the plumbing! Cleansing helps to flush those things out so that we are not wasting our time, energy, and money when we fill our bodies with nutrients and make healthy lifestyle changes.

When we open up our cleansing pathways (colon, kidneys, lungs, skin) we allow our bodies to release the unwanted chemicals that disrupt hormonal balance, we provide a safe environment to encourage weight loss by letting he body know it can release toxins in our fat stores, and our nervous system beings to relax and we can repair.

For me, things have been a little out of whack. In the last six years, I have had two pretty physically taxing pregnancies that resulted in two beautifully rambunctious kids and I have been running hard with motherhood, relocating, and travel ever since.

Also, in the last year, my body has been under a huge amount of stress, both physically from my ankle injury, surgery, and prolonged limited mobility, and emotionally in the last four months. Then add in poor eating, and it is time for a little bit of a reset!

How I Am Cleansing
This year I will be doing a 5 Day Nutritive Cleanse. The goal of this cleanse to temporarily limit food intake to give the body time to expel stored toxins, to "reset" the digestive system while also providing nourishment throughout. This cleanse uses a nutritive meal replacement shake, a superfood supplement and a supplement to help support digestive function with optional snacks.

My first cleanse will be starting on Friday, January 17. If you want to follow along in real time, head over to my Instagram where I'll be sharing throughout the 5 days. I'll also be back here with a wrap up post of sorts. If you are interested in a gentle cleanse as a jumpstart whatever goals you may have, I would love to have you join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment