Monday, February 10, 2020

52 Recipes | Smokey Chickpea Stew

Another year, another round of 52 new recipes in a calendar year. After a really great go around in 2018 (even though I didn't keep up with documenting it here), 2019 was a lousy year for this challenge. Between travel, surgery, and mental health struggles, I did not cook nearly as much as I would have wanted and stuck with easy and comforting favorites. This year, we hit the ground running. I am so excited to tackle 52 new recipes this year.

Recipe:
I used Budget Bytes' recipe found here.

Adjustments:
I made it with some leftover frozen chopped spinach instead of kale. I would love to make it again with sweet potato instead of russets as well! Lastly, I would want to try this in the Crockpot. Elevation does weird unsuspecting things to recipes. Sometimes potatoes dont cook the proper way and at the expected amount of time. It can be different every time but the Crockpot works magic on them!

Results and Thoughts:
We all really enjoyed this one. Easy, and simple ingredients made a hearty and filling meal, even without meat. It is perfect for cold autumn and winter nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment