Saturday, January 4, 2020

Twenty in 2020

Most years, I start out January with nailing down my One Little Word. My guiding word to help set the tone for what I want to achieve and/or accomplish in the coming 365 days. Most years, I feel excited for and invigorated by the task. This year has been different. The fire just hasn't been there for one single guiding word.

This year, I am trying something new. Twenty in 2020! I sat down with a hot mug of tea and made a list of everything I want to do, and everything I need to get done this year. Everything. Big and little and necessary. From there, my list of twenty things for 2020 was born. 

20 in 2020
+ Smile and Laugh often
+ Get Outside
+ Complete all 12 Get It, Girl! challenges
+ Make 52 new recipes
+ Bake a sourdough loaf from scratch
+ Read 15 books
+ Hit my next two business goals
+ Drive HWY 180/191 mm 409-412
+ Cleanse 3 times this year
+ Be more intentional with my biblical study
+ Attend Diamond Bound
+ Start Pre-K work with T
+ Make homemade tamales
+ Move my body
+ Start writing again
+ Unpack/declutter bedroom, office + garage
+ Resurrect the vegetable garden
+ Host friends + family in our home at least once a month
+ Finish M's bridal album
+ Daily journaling

Bonus item: According to the boy child his "revolution" is to go fishing at the Grand Canyon so there's that. 

It feels a little strange not having a word after it being so ingrained in my routine. It wasn't a big decision. There just hasn't been anything that really feels right or fits. It is a little weird but also feels so right.

While it is odd not having a word, seeing that list is so exciting! There are easy things on there and things that will take some work, and things that I absolutely don't want to get done but need to. Putting it down on paper makes it real and I am definitely more likely to do it. 

What about you? Did you pick a word? I would love to hear it. Or do you have a list of items you want to check off this year? Share them with me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment