Monday, July 16, 2018

July | Currently


settling in after another handful of trips. 
looking forward to a few weeks at home after being on the go for so long. We were away from home more days than we were home in June and it carried into the first week of July too.
listening to kids audiobooks on our road trips lately. The Complete Tales by Beatrix Potter and Charlotte's Web by EB White were good titles, except I forgot how morbid the first few sentences of Charlotte's Web can be. We are currently waiting for some new titles to be available on Overdrive via our library loan system. 
planning to be gone most of August now too.
hoping for a very slow fall and winter this year. 
celebrating so many big things throughout my extended family. Graduations, weddings, and babies on the horizon!
struggling to finish The Book Thief. Look for a new Book Report post coming early next week. my 
trying to get back to spending my mornings in the word. 
looking to implement a new weekday routine for the kids and myself once we are done traveling this summer.
thinking about starting a loose "preschool" like learning time for Teddy. 
spending a little bit of time each day barefoot in the garden.  
enjoying the grounding feeling I get each day, especially when I do it in the morning.
loving that our replanted tomatoes are producing. Between all three plants we have nearly 25 tomatoes ready to ripen. This is such a huge difference compared to our single unripe tomato last September. 
researching  some hardy winter plants to start in our other boxes.  
contemplating what to do about the mating pair of non-venomous snakes that have taken up residence in part of our yard where Teddy and Berke like to goof around. Thankfully, they have been docile for now but we are worried that may become more aggressive/defensive once their babies arrive. 
branching out in my recipe choices thanks to the 52 Recipes project. I am up to 30 recipes. I haven't been the best at sharing them all here, but if you are on Instagram, I do have a Stories Highlight dedicated to the project. 
stealing moments here and there between naps and in the evenings to get my words down in posts. Most of my time gets wrapped up in editing and uploading photos and it is hard to do that with.
troubleshooting a few different issues right now. First, the materials, that I spent forever looking for and buying for my chair project, do not work for these chairs. So I feel like I am back to square one. Also, my laptop, phone, and computer don't want to connect to each other and it is maddening. Lastly, we have vehicle stuff going.
making hard decisions regarding our automobiles. My daily driver was recently "totaled out" by the insurance after a small encounter with a deer. 
praying we make the right choice for our family not just a hasty decision to remedy the situation as soon as possible.
feeling like time just keeps speeding up. 
considering all the options for Eliza's first birthday! With all the travel coming up, I feel like I need to get a jump on it sooner rather than later and make a solid plan. 
doing my best to keep up with it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment