Monday, January 22, 2018

Goodbye 2017. Hello 2018!

Well hello there friends. It has been some time since I have posted. Berkeley gently reminded me that in fact it had been roughly eight months since my last post. At the time, I was not planning a complete lack of posting over the summer months. It just kind of happened while we were enjoying the season as much as possible! Then the holidays rolled by and now here we are.

We have done a lot since May. When I last posted, I shared our list of things to do over the summer. I talked a lot about wanting to keep it slow and simple with a lot of local events like music festivals and parades. We also wanted to work on making our house more of our home by putting a dent in some of our projects. I am really happy to say that we did a lot of what was on our list and so much more.

We celebrated Teddy's birthday with a huge family trip to Disneyland and two cakes! He was quite excited for that. Our list of weekend town events included the car show, 4th of July Parade, the Blues Festival, and the Bluegrass Music Gathering. We even made it to a couple pancake breakfasts. Our Wednesdays were spent at the library in the next town over. We read some 15 books and Teddy even won a prize in The Summer Reading Challenge.

Once the Reading Challenge was over, Teddy and I headed out to California. We went with my family to a beautiful wedding on the coast. Teddy had so much fun playing in the sand, chasing seagulls and seeing whales! The rest of our time was spent just relaxing around my parents farm, spending time with family.

With a busy fire season and unpredictable weather (it was below freezing at the end of May), it took longer than expected to get our beds made and start our vegetables. We just barely got a few ropes tomatoes before our first freeze of fall. Even though our plants weren't physically fruitful, it did get Teddy and I in the habit of going out a few times a day to check on "his garden" and water. He really enjoyed helped to tend to the plants. I am hopeful that those few months of work will stick with him and he'll be just as excited later this year.

Looking at 2018, I could make all kinds of promises about what I want to post but thus far being a mom of two (more details soon) has been a bit of a struggle. I struggle to find enough hours in the day to get any one thing finished. In fact, the only reason why I've been able to post now and the next few weeks is that the government has shut down again and Berkeley cannot be at work.

That said, I do have a few loose plans. I signed up for One Little Word for the first time in a few years. Part of my word and goals for the year, is to follow Megan from The Nerd Nest and make 52 new recipes this year. I will have more about these two projects in the coming weeks and they are really making me excited for sharing in this space again.

No comments:

Post a Comment