Monday, November 14, 2016

Quoted November 2016 | Days 1 - 10

Before Teddy, I used to do all sorts of crafty type stuff. When I got pregnant, my desire to do a lot of that stuff went away almost entirely. I finished up my 2014 Project Life album and my 2015 Tis The Seasons minibook, and I am almost done with my sister's From Ms. to Mrs. album. I have toyed with the idea of making a big, events based Project Life style album for 2015 through 2017, but I haven't decided yet. In the meantime, I have been itching to do something creative. So when my awesome crafty friend Lea posted Onica Hanby's Quoted challenge for November, I decided to jump right in.
I think most people do these type of lists and challenges in their Traveler's Notebooks. These notebooks are so cool, but I haven't really gotten into that memory keeping trend and I didnt want to buy new things to start this. One thing I do have is journaling cards. 
After 7 years of minibooks, and 3 years of Project Life specific albums, I have tons and tons of paper stuff varying in sizes from 2x2 up to 4x6, especially 3x4 cards. That is what I decided to use for this project. It was so easy to pull out my stash, a couple pens and jot my quote down each day. Also, because I don't know what the end product will be for all these quotes, I like being able to keep on these smaller papers in an envelope until I figure it out. 
Nov 01: Autumn - "Autumn is a second spring where every leaf is a flower" -Albert Camus. This is one of my absolute favorite quotes. The card is from the Seafoam Edition Project Life Core Kit. The quote was written with EK Success Metallic Pens.
Nov 02: Leaves - I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things. I play with leaves. I skip down the street and run against the wind" -Leo Buscaglia. This card is from a SN@P Smash Pad from years ago. The quote is written with a Zig Dual Tipped Pen. I think I may go back and cover the "Jotty, Jot, Jot" title on the top but I havent decided yet. 
Nov 03: Warmth - "Friends are like quilts, they never lose their warmth." This is Smash Pad card with a fine tipped light blue Sharpie. I also used a Martha Stewart Avery label to cover most the of the irrelevant title. 
Nov 04: Season - "To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven" -Ecclesiastes 3:1. Another Smash Pad card, another Sharpie but in orange, and another label. 
Nov 05: Colorful - "Without any black, no color has any depth" -Amy Grant. This is another card from the Seafom kit. I wrote on the diagonals with a pink Zig pen and one of the smallest Micron pens in black. 
Nov 06: Time - "We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right" -Nelson Mandela. I cheated a little with this one. This is a printed journal card from an Elise Joy download that was available on her blog years ago. 
Nov 07: Migrate - "Success is going from failure to failure without using your enthusiasm" -Winston Churchill. I am not sure where this card came from. It was part of an unmarked pad of 3x4 cards of different colors and grids and lines. I wrote the quote with a Zig Dual Tipped Pen in Ocean. 
Nov 08: Elect - "There will never be complete equality until women themselves help to make laws and elect lawmakers" -Susan B. Anthony. This is a card from the Be Bright Minikit from Becky Higgins Project Life with a green Bic fine point pen. 
Nov 09: Change - "I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination" -Jimmy Dean. This is just a black ball point pen on a card from a Smash Pad. 
Nov 10: Harvest - "The law of harvest is to reap more than you sow. Sow an act and you reap a habit. Sow a habit and you reap a character. Sow a character and you reap a destiny" -James Allen. Orange fine tipped sharpie on a Seafoam Core Kit card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment