Tuesday, April 15, 2014

CREATE Art Festival

Friday we attended a pretty awesome art show and concert called CREATE. While the idea of art and music reflecting a Christian Worldview may not be for all, there was some really great pieces on display and very talented performers on stage. For me, it was really uplifting and inspiring. We were able to experience new artists and musicians as well as socialize with the people of our community.

The event was held at The Hive at Higher Grounds Coffee in Downtown Flagstaff. It was really a cool place. The cafe is not for profit and offered a wide variety of drinks and food from local establishments. Berkeley ordered us some two teas from their list; an iced green and an iced papaya ginger. Both were delicious and made to order. The Hive is room to the back of the cafe and was filled with all sorts of art other than what was on display for the show. I am looking forward to going back.

After the last few weeks, this event was just the thing I needed to get me back to myself. It was fun to zone out listening to music, looking at art, and thinking my own thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment