Monday, November 25, 2013

Berkeley's Turkey Brine

Hey all, Berkeley again here. Long time no see! This is my second post here and it is well overdue as I promised Ashley this post years ago. Oops! Thursday will be the 4th Thanksgiving I have been in charge of smoking our turkey. I have done it in the snow, the rain, and in the desert. Every time it has been a hit and it all starts with the Turkey Brine and my recipe is an easy one!

Smoked Turkey Brine
ingredients
  • 2 gallons water 
  • 1.5 cups NON-iodized salt 
  • 1 bulb garlic, peeled and minced 
  • 1 Tablespoon ground black pepper 
  • .5 cup Worcestershire 
  • .5 cup Brown sugar
directions
  1. Boil 1/2 gallon of water. Dissolve sugar and salt, allow to cool. 
  2. Transfer with remaining ingredients into brining vessel. 
  3.  Stir, add turkey, refrigerate for 8 to 12 hours.
This is the first step in an 16-24 hour process of getting a perfectly smoked turkey! After the brining process, depending on the size of your turkey, smoking can take roughly 8 hours. I may just even share those steps with you all next time! I hope y'all have a fantastic, food filled Turkey Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment