For this specific meal, I paired the meat with a roasted root vegetable medley with a glaze (recipe below). Instead of the roasted vegetables, carrots and potatoes could be easily added to the pot with the roast.
Beer Braised Sirloin Roast
- 2-3 lb sirloin roast
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 12oz Bigleaf Red Ale
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- salt, pepper, & other seasonings (I use 21 Seasonings Salute)
- 1/8 c. water
- 1/2 c. worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- Trim excess fat from the roast and season generously with salt and pepper and any other seasonings.
- Heat oil over high heat in a large skillet. Sear the roast for 2 minutes on each side.
- After searing, place roast in the crockpot. Add water to the skillet to deglaze and loosen all the good bits. Pour water, juices, and "bits" over the roast. Add garlic and pour in the beer.
- Cover and cook on low for at least 6-7 hours.
- 30 minutes before the roast is ready to serve, add 1 to 1-1/2 cups of beer au jus from the crockpot to a small saucepan. Whisk in worcestershire, maple syrup, and brown sugar. Bring mixture to boil and slowly reduce down until the sauce just coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove sauce from heat and drizzle over meat, or vegetables. Serve!