For this recipe I took an old favorite and changed it up. Instead of a traditional mushroom onion gravy or roux, I used BBQ sauce, Worcestershire, and mustard. It gives it a different kick and makes an old favorite a little more interesting.
Tangy BBQ CrockPot Beef Roast
- 2 lbs Beef Roast
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1/3 c. BBQ sauce
- 1/3 c. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 c. water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. coarse ground mustard
- optional: carrot, celery, and potato
- Place sliced onion in bottom of the CrockPot. Make small slits in the top of the roast about an inch apart. Fill with garlic slices. Place any remaining garlic over the onion slices.
- Place the roast over the onions and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. If you are adding optional vegetables, do so now.
- Whisk together the water, mustard, and BBQ and Worcestershire sauces. Pour over the roast and optional veggies. Cook on low for 6-8 hours until the meat is tender.