One Pot Pasta
adapted from Martha Stewart
- 1 lb dried pasta, I use Fettuccine for this
- 10oz grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4.5 c. water
- 1 tsp pepper
- salt to taste
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Place pasta in a large straight sided skillet. Combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, parsley, chili powder and black pepper. Place in the skillet with pasta. Drizzle with olive oil and cover with the water.
- Bring to a boil on high heat. Continue boiling until pasta is al dente and the water is most evaporated, approximately 11 minutes. Use tongs to stir pasta while it's cooking.
- Season to taste with more salt and pepper as needed. Divide into bowl and serve with olive oil and parmesan if desired.