Sunday, March 17, 2013

To Dianna and John!

Happy St Patrick's Day everyone! Today is a special day. While I am not overtly Irish, believe in Leprechauns or the gold at the end of the rainbow, or particularly enjoy green beers, we are heavily invested in March 17th.


Today is my parent's anniversary! My parents got married on St Patrick's Day in Lake Tahoe. Their wedding screamed 1990 and since I was already born my mom chose to wear a green velvet jacket and skirt set instead of a big ole white dress.

My parents aren't conventional by any means, especially in comparison to my friends' parents. Most people get a nice dinner or go on a trip alone. Last year my parents did Irish Car Bomb races at the local watering hole. The year before it was all you can eat Corned Beef and Cabbage. And always, the weekend of or the weekend after includes camping and/or dirtbike races. See? Told you they aren't the typical couple.

During our college days, Spring Break luckily fell during a time where I could go home for some mix of days between my parent's anniversary and my mom's birthday on the 22nd. When I am home I always try to make them a special meal. This year, I won't get to see them. I probably won't be heading home until some time during the summer. In honor of 25 years together, I am dedicating my blog to them this week. Check back later for some awesome recipes and memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment