Monday, March 4, 2013

Project Life Update {1}

Although I have said in the past that I wasn't going to share my weekly progress here, I have had some requests to just share peeks and ideas. I am still working on finding a good way and place to photograph my spreads as all of our windows are on one side of the apartment and face North East. We get great morning light, but it is a little intense on the plastics. Also, the sun position changes really fast that by the time I have a few spreads done in great lighting, the sun moves and suddenly my messy mop of hair is reflecting back at me.

Today I am going to share some "single page weeks". I started 2012 Project Life in late February, early March. That gave me a ton of weeks to go back and do, as I couldn't imagine the album without two whole months in it. So I did one page spread for the first ten weeks of the year. It worked well because I didn't have a ton of pictures for each week.


Week 7: Feb 13-19 2012 Design C and Week 8: Feb 20-26 2012 Design A

So instead of having a week take up to sides of a spread, I had one on each side. It made for a good balance. I also did quite a few half page inserts for some of these weeks. As you can somewhat see above. I'll talk about those in another post.


From the week of Valentine's Day (week 7), I only had one picture I really loved. We had other stuff going on that I either didn't get good pictures of or couldn't take pictures of. That side is almost entirely text based but still graphically appealing to me.

A lot of the page inserts were just printed or "ephemera" from the week. The "love you" was a Ali Edwards freebie and the XOXO was from Michaels. It's okay to me to have a bunch of snippets and journaling. Having the "Love Train" ticket Berkeley had made to go with my card was more important to save than having a vague picture to fill the space. The tags were from a Bridal Fair.


Week 40: Oct 2-8 2012 Design F
This was the week following my summer trip to California. This page goes on the right side of the spread and California spilled over onto page opposite of this one. It was one of those weeks that I didn't have a lot of pictures.



This photo pretty much set the tone for the rest of the page. It was a perfect picture. It was magic. I didn't have to edit it. I didn't have do much for it besides crop, but I did want to add the stamp.

 

Looking at the photos I did want to use, a lot of them had the same colors of the road photo that is in the upper left pocket. So for the little week identifier insert I wanted a patterned paper that matched the same color scheme. I ended up with some leftover purple and silver Hambly. The numbers were cut from two of the 3x4 gridded journalling cards, each in their own pocket.  On the numbers, I first used a silver pen to write "week forty" and then date stamped all over.


A lot of the pictures included were from Sea Life Aquarium with my best friend and her daughter right around her birthday. We got photos from the aquarium that came in cardstock frame holder things that didn't fit properly. I cut one up and used a gray pen to journal about the day.

The two other inserts are my weekly "this week" card, and a small bit of writing about my second fitting and alterations appointment. That card was just a 3X4 gridded card with Freckled Fawn washi tape over it, and a Martha Stewart Avery label.

Project Life 2012 general supplies: Binders, plastics, and 3x4 gridded journaling cards via the Becky Higgins Amazon Storefront. Elise Joy magic stamp. Zig Dual Tipped Pen Black and Platinum. Metallic Writer Silver. StazOn Black Ink.

My other Project Life related posts can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment