Not only is this bread great just to nibble on with some sweet butter, it makes a great base for bread pudding. It is the bread I used in the Car Bomb Bread Pudding featured yesterday!
Guinness Beer Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp chocolate syrup
- 12oz Guinness Extra Stout
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flours, baking powder, and sugar. Sift well with fork. Pour in beer and chocolate syrup, stir until a stiff batter is formed, but don’t over mix (best to just use your hands).
- Scrape dough into prepared loaf pan. Melt butter and drizzle across top of dough.
- Bake for about 40 or so minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
This recipe was entered in the March Get Your Chef On cooking challenge: