Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wedding Wednesday//31 days!

I have been somewhat of a bum since getting back to Flagstaff. Well, a bum when it comes to posting. We have been pretty busy over here, as today marks 31 days until the wedding! Last week, I got home on Monday from California. I took some days to myself. To just be.


On Friday I took a breath and got down to business. I drove down to Phoenix for my second dress fitting. It is perfect! When I went down at the beginning of September for my first alterations appointment, I was nearly in tears because it was my size. I wasn't in clips. I wasn't being squeezed. It was perfect on top. Of course, I needed the hem taken up and the zipper adjusted slightly. So I stood for roughly 90 minutes while they pinned and tucked and adjusted.


This time the hem was done. And the zipper was perfect. For the first time, this dress was entirely MY dress. I was not drowning in a full skirt. My boobs weren't spilling out. My back was not pinched. It was me. Putting this dress on this time, I was floored. It took every inch of my self control to not burst into tears right then and there. My eyes even welled up. I did not want to cry. I want to save those emotions for our day. The day that is in 31 days!

WOW! I am floored that we are at the one month out mark! I feel like I just blinked and all this time has melted away. I guess I should do a progress report. As far as the dress goes, my bustle is getting done and I will be picking it up October 26! Just 16 days from now! We have catering nailed down, photographer nailed down, we are assessing rentals and have an overview of the look we want for the venue. Most people gush over flowers and table arrangements. We have committed to a non seated reception since we are doing this cocktail style. That cuts out 90% of our flower and arranging needs. Thankfully!

Speaking of flowers! I am waiting with baited breath for our dried flowers to arrive so I can start building the bridesmaids' bouquets and the groomsmen's boutonnieres. We are going for something really simple but packs a punch and we found super vibrant dried flowers! I don't want to give away all of the details here just yet, so that is all you get for me. We still have a few elements under advisement. Berkeley has yet to figure out he will be wearing but we have a general idea! We will be shopping this weekend.

Also this weekend is the last of our pre-wedding events. We are planning a brunch with most of our wedding party (hopefully) and some Bach partying! I am so excited to spend some time with these awesome ladies. And well I guess with Berkeley too, you know since he has only been home for 5 days in 60 days. I am mostly excited for Berkeley getting to spend time with his guys!

I had an awesome shower thrown by my sisters, my great aunt and my mom. It was an afternoon tea complete with finger sandwiches, scones, and Earl Grey! There were also lots of games and prizes. And lots of encouragement and support. And gifts! We are so blessed! Since I was the guest of honor, I do not have many pictures yet, but I hope to get some soon! I hope. I can show you what I have been wearing

First was the tea party shower outfit:
Dress: Shabby Apple Ingrid Shoes: Steve Madden Heeled Mary Janes

Second was this outfit:
Dress: Charlotte Russe Ruffled Maxi Dress Blazer: 18TN Ruched Blazer Shoes: Teva Mush Sandal
Also earlier this week, before Berkeley got home, our church family threw me a bridal shower as well! The above photo is from Monday. It is so uplifting and encouraging being surrounded by such amazing women both those that have been married for many years as well as younger women that have blossoming relationships of their own. It is such a great a feeling being surrounded by so much love!

I am so so very grateful this past year! I am so anxious for the next month and the rest of the year and for the rest of our lives! Okay here's where my cheesy sentimental mushiness ends. Well for this post anyways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment