Monday, October 1, 2012

September Foodie Pen Pals


At the end of last month, I signed up for Foodie PenPals with Lindsay at The Lean Green Bean. It is essentially exactly what it sounds like. Each month you are assigned a person that you send a package of food and food related items to. Then at the end of the month, if you are a blogger, you do a write up about what you received in your box. You can read all about the specifics and sign-up here. I sent a box to Wendy in Ca and received a package from Jilly in Mn!


The box I received from Jilly was filled with awesome goodies from Minnesota. I am so excited to get into all of this. From left to right, this box has long grain wild rice from KC's Best, Minnesota Pancake Mix from Lunds & Byerlys, Zing Seasonings, Roasted Garlic Potato soup, Real Food magazine and a card. 





Jilly hit it out of the park with the items she sent. I opened the box in front of Berkeley and he was beyond excited and threatened to eat it all himself. I do admit that this month was probably the worst month for me to start, well maybe November would have been worse. The day after my package arrived, I left for the trip to California, so I did not have a chance to try anything completely yet. I know, I know, it is terrible! I am beyond excited to enjoy these awesome products. Hopefully, Berkeley will be back soon so we can enjoy this stuff before the October box arrives!


Jilly did add this Lunds and Byerlys Real Food magazine. It is awesome! Within in 5 minutes of me pulling it out of the box, we already have a ton of recipes dogeared to try when Berkeley is back. It is an awesome little magazine! Thanks for everything Jilly!!

Interested in learning more about Foodie PenPals or see what others have received? Check out Lean Green Bean for the details and this month's reveal linkup! I will be posting product reviews for these items as we use them as well. I have Foodie PenPals label now. Click it and it will take you to the full list of related posts (although this is the only one up as of Sept 2012).

No comments:

Post a Comment