Saturday, September 8, 2012

Busy Days, Blessings and a Brand New Baby

Yesterday was the first day that I really had time to breath without also chasing a toddler or tracking down a naughty puppy or keeping an eye on a 7 year old or getting to love on a newborn. I would not change the past 10 or so days for anything!





Being able to help this family out has been such a blessing. I am so thankful for every minute I have been able to spend with them. It has been such a great learning experience. Many people just get to see the giggles, laughter, playtime, cuddles, and brand new baby snuggling. Those are the great parts. 
Coddling the normally sweet mild mannered toddler when she had a melt down immediately after her afternoon nap and helping with spelling pages are definitely not the fun parts of childcare. Neither are the nearly bloodcurdling screams from the baby during diaper changes, fussy eating habits by the older kids, and doggy piddle puddles. 

I don't think I have really discussed getting pregnant and having babies on the blog in any great detail. Berkeley and I have always planned on having kids at some point. When that is, we really don't know. I am not one of those people that has dreamed from childhood of having babies. So the fact that lately I find myself wanting to get knocked up is even surprising to me most days. The more I think about it, the more I flip flop between thinking we are really ready and being scared shitless (pardon my french just being honest). Those fears mostly rear their ugly heads when Berkeley is gone and I know that I will be doing a lot of parenting myself.

I am so so thankful for this time. Being able to have the 7 year old and the 20 month old for 4 days on my own was a huge indicator that we can do this. I can do this. I can wrangle myself and two kids around town, through the grocery store, plan and pack for a picnic at the park, and still be able to have fun while enforcing the rules. This time has been a huge blessing! By no means am I saying it will be a cakewalk and that I am an expert after only 10 or so days. I am simply saying I am confident that we can tread the crazy, turbulent waters of parenthood. 

Before I wrap up this post, I just want to say that this is in no way any kind of announcement. Just a sharing of thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment