adapted from How Sweet Eats
makes 24 cupcakes
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cup sugar
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla pod, seeded
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup assorted brightly colored sprinkles + more for top of frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Add half of the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Add the milk. Once mixed, add remaining dry ingredients. Fold in assorted sprinkles.
- Pour into cupcake tins and fill 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Let cool, then frost.