Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wedding Wednesday//Promotion


Since we still have roughly 17 months left until the big day (wow less than 5 months until we book the venue, alittle antsy thinking about that!), much of what is found online has to be put on the back burner until we can make a final decision. For the first few months after the engagement I came across several awesome ideas, wedding posts, photos etc. that I just lost because I didn't make very good attempts at organizing all of my thoughts and ideas.

Slowly, I became more reliant on Google Reader. As great as it is, it doesn't have a great organization that I felt I needed for the wedding stuff. Enter in Pinterest.com! For those that don't know, Pinterest is like a large internet cork board that you can "pin" all sorts of things on. A collection of inspiration boards for everything from pictures of your favorite places, to good books, to ideas for home decor. Not only do I have a Wedding Love board, I have them for house stuff and even a board for dress elements that I love! The biggest advantage over trying to organize using Google Reader, is the ability to add things from all over the web, not just saving blog postings.

In other news, we may have found a few acceptable photographers that we are interested in. They all start at less than $1000 and are willing to travel throughout the state without charging extra fees. As that becomes nailed down, I'll be sure to post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment