Sunday, February 20, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday: February 21, 2011

I am getting a jump start on my Happy Homemaker Monday post early this week. Tomorrow will be a busy day for me and I am snowed in. So.. there is no time like the present!




The weather in my neck of the woods:
It has been snowing for over 24 hours now with over a foot of accumulation.

Things that make me happy:
The calm quiet that comes with a snow storm.

Book I'm reading:
Spain: Root & Flower by John A. Crow
The Handmade Marketplace by Kari Chapin

What's on my TV today:
Dirty Sexy Money and various movies from Netflix

On the menu for dinner:
Either my CrockPot Pulled Pork or try something new with a defrosted pork tenderloin.

On my To Do List:
Relaxation! My load has been pretty heavy with work and tons of hours in the Microbiology lab.

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
During my mini quest of looking up Red Velvet Cake stuff I came across: Mini Maple Pancake Muffins

In the craft basket:
Etsy projects, and I am thinking about starting something like this dress. The challenge will be getting it done this week so I can wear it this weekend. If not, I still want to get it started.

Looking forward to this week:
Sedona Bridal Fair is on the 26th at the Poco Diablo Resort. We are heading down to Sedona on Friday, and staying the weekend. It will be a nice weekend away.

Tips, Tricks and Lessons Learned:
I got this awesome tip for keeping cupcakes from allthingscupcake:
If you want to keep your cupcakes fresh and soft DO NOT put them in the refrigerator, it will dry them out. You may put the unfrosted cupcakes in a container and wrap container in saran wrap to freeze them.

Then if you need to whip up a quick snack, take out the frozen cupcakes, and immediately start frosting and decorating. When done, place on a plate in room temperature for an hour or two to thaw. Tastes just like fresh cupcakes.

My favorite blog post this week:
This post gave me some great ideas about our save the dates

Blog Hopping:
No new blogs for me this week.

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):


On my mind:
My sister is back in the hospital again :( Please send some healing vibes her way!

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
"One morning, about four o'clock, I was driving my car just about as fast as I could. I thought, Why am I out this time of night? I was miserable, and it came to me: I'm falling in love with somebody I have no right to fall in love with." -- June Carter Cash

No comments:

Post a Comment