Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday: Nov 29



The weather in my neck of the woods:
Plain and simple... Baby, It's Cold Outside! The high for the week was 25 and overnight lows have been in the single digits. We had a huge system move in Saturday night and through Sunday and we got a bunch of snow dumped on us. As chilly as it is, it can be a little refreshing.

Things that make me happy:
I am getting thing a lot of things accomplished over the next few weeks.

Book I'm reading:
Practice of the Wild by Gary Snyder

What's on my TV today:
Taking Woodstock

On the menu for dinner:
Acorn squash and Chicken

On my To Do List:
Diaper Cake and Planning for the weekend
Finish Christmas Cards
Mail gifts

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:


In the craft basket:
Reversible infant mittens, burp cloths, pacifier holders, our Christmas cards, as well as some personalized gifts (same as last week unfortunately, ditto)

Looking forward to this week:
Not working Wednesday through Saturday!! Baby Shower and Berke's party on Friday and dinner Saturday night with the In-Laws

Tips and Tricks:
Read Berkeley's forthcoming blog post about our Thanksgiving Turkey for this week's tips.

My favorite blog post this week:
The announcement on Shutterfly's blog about a promotion for 50 FREE Holiday Cards! It is a special for bloggers. Yes you need to blog about their product to get the free cards, but I really like sending pictures with my Christmas Cards and it is something my family members look forward to every year. Now that I send my cards out to Berkeley's list as well, our number of recipients has almost doubled. My poor little printer can't handle all the pictures, and I don't have the money for ink. And Free is FREE!

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
No new blog this week

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):
On my mind:
School and work. They are stressing me out! I am excited for the half break I am getting at the end of the week.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
"Like the coolness of snow at harvest time is a trustworthy messenger to those who send him; he refreshes the spirit of his masters." Prov 25:13

No comments:

Post a Comment