Friday, September 17, 2010

A Winning Day!

So, I just need to state that if you do any kind of crafting and shop at Michael's you NEED to sign up for their mailing list! You get new coupons every two weeks! Today, I went in and purchased much needed supplies and some not so needed ones. I purchased over twenty different items and paid less than $15 dollars!!!! I am really excited if you couldn't tell.

Another great thing that made this a winning day was the contents of the mailbox today! It was a letter from a dear friend. It is amazing how the simplest things can really take your day from "just another day" to "What an Awesome! day".

This great little thing (which to me is actually huge) has made me think about two points. First, the art and joy of sending and receiving postal mail. Yes, an email and text messaging make sending written communication practically instantaneous but there is something wonderful about getting a handwritten note. Whether it be a greetings card, a handwritten pages of paper or a postcard, I love getting snail mail! If you two enjoy sending and receiving postcards and other mail swaps, check out Postcrossing.com!

Secondly, I just want to point out how valuable support and friendship from my "internet" friends is. Even though we may not know each other in real life, most of you have touched my life in some way or another. You all have helped to contribute to slow success I am achieving with this blog, my cooking ventures and my etsy shop. Actually, at the time of this posting, I have officially had over 400 views to the blog! Yay!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I just want to point out how valuable support and friendship from my "internet" friends is. Even though we may not know each other in real life, most of you have touched my life in some way or another.

true story! you are an amazing person and I am so glad we are friends :)

Post a Comment