Tomato Cucumber Salad
- 5 Roma tomatoes
- 7 golden cherry tomatoes
- 4 black cherry tomatoes
- 2 zebra cherry tomatoes
- 2 slicing/picking cucumber (aka standard cucumber from any American grocery store)
- 1 Armenian cucumber
- 1/2 red onion
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Place a colander into a large bowl. Chop the Roma's into larger chunks and place into colander. Sprinkle with salt. Make sure the juices are collected in the large bowl.
- Cut the cherry tomato varieties. If large enough cut in half, and cut each half into thirds. Add to the colander. Once all the tomatoes are cut sprinkle with more salt and toss well.
- Wash the "slicing cucumbers" and remove the skin. Then cut in half lengthwise and cut in half again. Begin chopping. These pieces should be about "bite size". Place cucumber in a large bowl or serving dish. Next chop the Armenian cucumber in a similar manner as before. The skin of these cucumbers can be left on.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper. Lightly drizzle with olive oil.
- Chop onion into half rings or dice them and add to the cucumber. Then add the tomatoes and the tomato juices. Add a splash of the balsamic vinegar. This splash can be big or small depending on personal preference.
- Lightly toss. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Add any tomatoes that were too small to cut.