Beef and Veggie Kabobs
- 3 beef chuck steaks
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 container mushrooms
- 1/4 onion
- 10 oz pineapple chunks
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- wooden skewers
- salt and pepper
- Soak skewers in water to prevent splinters. While they are soaking, cut the steaks into chunks between 1in x 1in to 2 in x 2in depending on the the thickness of the steak. Gently, slide down the length of the skewer putting 3-5 pieces of meat on each. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Gently skewer the mushrooms lengthwise through the stem to the top of the cap, making sure not to split the mushroom. Depending on size, put 5 to 7 mushrooms per skewer
- Cut the bell pepper and onion into chunks close in size to the meat. Alternate the bell pepper, onion, tomato, and pineapple down the length of the skewer, leaving enough room on each of the skewer to turn.
- Cook the meat skewers 15 to 20 minutes depending on the thickness of the meat, and temperature preference.
- Half way through cooking the meat, add the veggie skewers. Place these skewers on the outer edges of the grill were the coals are not as hot. Slowly roast the veggies until the meat is cooked making sure to not rupture the tomatoes or mushrooms.