Friday, July 2, 2010

The Tilapia

So there was an overwhelming facebook response to the tilapia dinner we had last night. I personally did not crust the fish. Actually I just warmed things to the right temperature for a designated amount of time. With the popularity of this dish though, I may have to try doing it myself.

So after I thawed the tilapia filet and let the oven preheat to 375, I placed the fish on a lightly oiled pan and cooked for close to 40 minutes. Depending on the thickness it can take between 25 to 35 minutes. The good test is to make sure the fish flakes easily. The "crust" on this filet was slathered on there pretty thick so I let it crisp up a little. If I make this myself, I will make sure the outer seasoning is not as heavy. Or we may pan fry to get a crisp outside.

During the last 5 minutes of cooking, I boiled water for some thai rice noodles. We use Little Thai Kitchen brand (I think). These were garlic flavored. I followed the cooking directions on the package, but I didnt use all of the oil or powdered seasoning. During the last few minutes of the noodles and fish cooking, I chopped up some lettuce, bell pepper and tomato for a salad, with some dressing. I split the filet in half, and served each on half the noodles.

It was fairly simple because I didnt really prepare the fish, I just heated it. It was somewhat of a cheater's dinner from my play book.

No comments:

Post a Comment