Here is the first a few pasta sauces. This particular recipe is very basic and easy to suit to your liking. I haven't used it in a few months, so I have no pictures to share. Also, depending on the tomatoes you choose it can be somewhat chunky!
Chunky Pasta Sauce
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/4 c Onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Parsley
- 1 tbsp Basil
- 1 can Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 pinch Red Pepper Flake
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil and saute garlic until translucent. DO NOT BROWN. Add the onion and cook over low heat until translucent. This will take 5-10 minutes.
- Add parsley, basil, salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and cover.
- Raise heat and bring to a strong simmer. Lower heat and add the pepper flakes. Cover and cook on low heat for 25 minutes.
- Continue to cook the sauce uncovered at medium-low heat for 10 minutes, or until desired thickness is reached. At this point, you can also run the mixture through a food processor for a smooth consistency and then let it simmer to thicken.
- This is a good time to use any leftover meats you might have. I like chicken breast. You can shred the meat or cut it into bite size pieces and then add it to the sauce during the last few minutes of thickening to heat through.
- Instead of pepper flake, you can substitute your favorite hot sauce aka Tapatio ;)