Tuesday, February 20, 2018

52 Recipes in 2018

One of the people I follow via blogging and social media is Megan at The Nerd Nest. For years, she has been doing this project where she aims to make one new recipe per week. I really like that idea and when I felt like we were falling into the same handful of recipes, I decided to try it as well.

I always see things in magazines, on blogs, and in cookbooks that I always say I want to try "someday". So to prepare for this project, I pulled out my planner and started writing down all of the specific recipes I would be interested in trying. I also added more general things like making the kids' birthday cakes. At some point this year I want to make ice cream, jams and jerkies. I added those to my list as well. 

Right now, I think I am at 40 meal ideas on the list and we've made 6 of them. I am working on figuring out how I want to share these recipes, my thoughts, and whether or not we will be eating them again. For now, I have been sharing them on Instagram using the Highlights feature and the #amakeats52. Also, I probably will not sharing the recipes that don't quite work out for us, especially if it is something I come up with on my own. Anyways, keep your eyes open and be sure to check back soon as I start adding updates to this project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment