Friday, October 23, 2015

Friday Five: Podcasts I am Loving

Podcasts are quickly becoming the hottest new trend. So many podcasts are popping up each week and so many people are listening! Today I am sharing the five podcasts I am currently loving. Before I get to my list I wanted to say that I have been listening to podcasts for years. Earlier readers might remember the podcast that "sponsored" this blog for a year or so. However, the amount of time dedicated to listening has grown exponentially since last fall. Early trimester left me feeling pretty icky and I spent a lot of mornings laying around. Instead of wasting time vegging out on yet another round go Grey's Anatomy episodes that I have seen over 10 times, I went searching for new podcasts to fill in the gaps of what I was already listening to. Now I am listening to new episodes every morning of the week. Like all shows, there are "seasons" and natural breaks and content changes so this list is just what I am listening to and loving Fall 2015. 
 EarzUp! - If you have been reading here or following me on Instagram for any amount of time, you know I love Disney and Disneyland so it is only natural that a Disney podcast would make my list. This particular show is biweekly and features three Disney lovers from Northern California talking all sorts of Disney related topics. They are funny, knowledgable, and put on a great radio show!
 Undisclosed - I am sure you are all aware of the Serial podcast that started last fall. If you use the internet at all you have probably heard all about the Adnan Syed story. This particular podcast is three lawyers, including Rabia Chaudry, the woman that originally contacted Sarah Koenig with Adnan's story, looking at the case much deeper from the legal standpoint than Serial was able to. Not only does it look at the past evidence and the trials, it also looks at all the legal actions that are currently happening. Serial also led me to Truth and Justice (formerly The Serial Dynasty) which is worth a listen as well. Less legal and more commentary.
 The Longest Shortest Time - Appropriately subtitled "A 3:00 am Bedside Companion" this podcast is a perfect look at all different paths to and struggles with parenthood. I find each episode encouraging in a sense despite the topic.
 Elise Gets Crafty - A weekly podcast by Elise Blaha Cripe about creativity, motivation, small business, and all the topics that fall in between. She has had a great roster of amazing guests. Each time I listen I am inspired in a whole new way.
Podketeers - Surprise, surprise! Another Disney related podcast! While these Southern California based three guys tackle some of the same Disneyland related topics as EarzUp, Podketeers also discusses a lot of the tech and more "nerdier" aspects of Disney. 

So this is just my short list of what I am listening to right now. I am always on the hunt for something new to listen to! Do you listen? Which ones do you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment