Friday, January 30, 2015

Friday Five: 2nd Trimester Essentials

Yay for hitting 26 weeks on Tuesday! Not so yay that some of the things that were bugging me during the first trimester have been still bothering me throughout the second. For today's Friday Five, I wanted to share some of the things that have been helping me through the physical discomforts as our baby has gone from avocado size back in November to butternut squash size currently.

Friday Five: 2nd Trimester Essentials


Maternity Tees from Old Navy // As the bump gets bigger, I have had to move away from my go to Target v-necks and start wearing something meant for pregnancy. I grabbed a handful of these jersey knit tees for a great price. They are soft and comfy and are great for layering. The length and side ruching will continue to accommodate the impending expansion. 

Merrell Mix Master Trail Shoes // These shoes have made several appearances on my Friday Fives. I love them. They are minimalist trail running shoe that I got at the end of 2013. The current style from Merrell is the Bare Access Trail. I love how light and comfy they are while providing plenty of traction on slippery sidewalks. The mesh upper is also great for my slightly increasing shoe size.

Body Pillow // Yay for widening hips and the hormone relaxin. Not! A body pillow has been a real relief with all the aches and pains I have at the end of the day. Most people have upgraded to Snoogles or Boppy body pillows, but for us a standard body pillow from Target with a cover has been working wonderfully.

Palmer's Cocoa Butter // Growing belly = stretching skin = extreme itchiness. Throw in the dry environment here and I was miserable for a few weeks. My regular lotions weren't cutting it. I got a free sample of the Palmer's lotion for stretch marks that has Vitamin E and it has been awesome.

Emergen-C Vitamin C // These little packs have been helping me fend off any cold/flu nastiness thus far. One of my main concerns about working with winter was being about coughing, sniffling little ones. Thankfully, I have been able to thwart the germs thus far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment