Thursday, June 19, 2014

Kale Apple Berry Smoothie

Summertime means breakfast smoothies around here. Last year, I kicked it up by adding kefir to the mix. This year, I am doing kale. I know, I know. Everyone is all about kale right now. I added it to my morning smoothie to get some extra vitamins. I have noticed some impacts of vitamin deficiency recently so in the kale goes to help combat some of that. This particular smoothie is pretty heavy on the kale.

Kale Apple Berry Smoothie
ingredients

  • leaves from 2 stalks of kale
  • 1 half Granny Smith apple
  • 1 half nectarine
  • 5 strawberries
  • 1 Tbsp honey
  • 1/4 cup 1% milk
  • 1/4 cup or more water
directions

  1. Throw it all in the blender and go at it until smooth. I like mine a little thicker so a little more liquid maybe needed to get it to desired consistency. Pour and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment