In a time where everyone is all about Paleo this, Whole Foods that, and any number of other diets, we are still all about home cooking like our grandmas'. Simply put we will probably never be on those diets. Berkeley enjoys sugar, meat, gluten, fats, and diary just too much to have anything other than those things. This breakfast/brunch is a definite indicator of that!
Egg Chorizo Breakfast Skillet
makes 3-4 servings
- 1/2 lb beef chorizo, casting removed
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cups of shredded hash browns
- salt and pepper
- butter/oil (optional)
- shredded cheese (optional)
- In a medium to large skillet, cook chorizo over medium heat until firmed up and browned.
- Stir hash browns and diced onion into the chorizo and drippings. Oil or butter may be needed if your chorizo is lean. Cook the hash brown mixture uncovered for approximately 10 minutes until the bottom is golden brown and crispy. Turn potato mixture.
- Make 3 or 4 evenly spaced wells and break an egg in each. Sprinkle each egg with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 10 minutes or until the egg is set. Optionally, sprinkle with cheese and let sit until cheese is melted.