Instead of a sweet potato or candied yam casserole like we are accustomed to, I went for spicy roasted sweet potatoes and yams. This was by far the easiest holiday recipe ever! Simply chop, season, and then roast.
Spicy Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 medium yam
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tsp chile powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 tsp white sugar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400*F. Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Wash and chop potatoes and yam into cubes. Add to a large mixing bowl and toss with butter and oil.
- Combine spices and sprinkle potatoes and yams. Then toss to thoroughly coat. Spread mixture out on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake about 25-35 minutes, until tender or to your liking.