Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Influenster Sugar 'n Spice VoxBox

I am so behind on getting this posted, but that is okay! I really liked this VoxBox from Influenster as it contained products I would most likely use in my regular life.


Clockwise from the upper left corner: belVita breakfast biscuits, Colgate Optic White system, Dickinson's towelettes, Splenda Nectresse, and Vaseline Spray & Go moisturizer. See? All pretty everyday items which makes trying them a lot more fun.

Cinnamon Brown Sugar belvita Breakfast Biscuits: I'll admit, I was nervous about these at first! Sometimes, I find things like this pretty gross. These were great! Each package has 4 biscuits that are full of flavor but without being overpowering or too sugary. It was a nice balance.

One other thing that had me skeptical was the statement "Sustained Energy, All Morning". My morning meal usually includes some kind of protein to keep me going throughout the day. It was only 4 little cookie like things. How could they provide enough to keep me going?


Worried they wouldn't hold up to the challenge, I split a pack with Berkeley as an afternoon snack. Just two biscuits held us over. By the time dinner rolled around neither one of us was incredibly hungry, unlike most days. Later that week, we were in Safeway and saw them on sale. Two boxes for $5! We went for it. My new morning treat is a package of the Blueberry biscuits, and a small almond and yogurt smoothie. Or spreading peanut butter on them! So delicious! You can find more about belVita Breakfast Biscuits here.


Colgate Optic White System: I was so excited for this to come in my VoxBox! I brush and floss regularly, and we have a WaterPik. Overall, my mouth is pretty healthy. Despite the efforts, my smile is not as brilliant as I would like it to be. I really wanted to like this system and I really wanted it to work. 

Epic fail in my book! Both the mouthwash and the toothpaste were gross. The flavor of the mouthwash especially made me gag. I trie my best to push through to see if it was something I could get comfortable with. I stuck with using the whole system for roughly 10 days. The packaging claims first noticeable difference after one week of use with best results after four.

There was a difference alright, but it wasn't in the color of my teeth. After 10 days of use as directed on the box, my teeth hurt. They were extremely sensitive. I switched back to my Crest Complete Deep Clean Toothpaste and ProHealth Mouthwash and everything started feeling so much better. Although the toothbrush was good, the mouthwash and toothpaste were just horrible and I will never recommend the system to anyone. 
Dickinson's Witch Hazel Oil Controlling Towelettes: This were great! I love these towelettes. Last time, I received an oil controlling face masque. While it was pretty good, it doesn't hold a stone to these wipes. Part of my testing plan was to observe my skin throughout one monthly cycle. Normally, I get oily skin and breakouts every two weeks when I start my period and when I ovulate. Using these towelettes at night before bed, I noticed a drastic decrease in my overall complexion as well as a decrease in breakouts. 

These are the first towelette product to really manage my hormone related breakouts. I love that they contain more natural ingredients compared to the more popular name brand face wipes out there. My skin responded quite well and it makes me want to purchase more items from their skincare line

Splenda Nectresse: This was a take it or leave it for me. I don't mind using plain sugar since we don't add it to much. I would take regular Splenda over this stuff. It wasn't gross, it just wasn't anything special. It also had a weird sweetness to it. I mainly used it in coffee, where I normally use plain sugar, and it just was not doing it for me. I was going to use it for baking, but they only sent packets and I did not feel like ripping open a ton of packets to get the sweetener. 

Vaseline Spray n' Go: I love this stuff! I received the plain moisturizer in the yellow bottle, but I am looking forward to possibly purchasing the Aloe and maybe even the cocoa butter one. The Spray n' Go moisturizers are continuous spray lotions that are quick absorbing. They are quick and easy to use without being greasy or sticky. 

Living in the high desert, where the environment is pretty arid, a great moisturizer is necessary. This lotion fit the bill. I was able to easily even cover my damp skin after a shower with lotion and quickly rub it in without getting greasy hand or leaving streaks. I usually have to apply a generous amount of lotion to keep my legs from getting ashy, but a light mist was all I needed of the Spray n' Go. 

Although I haven't used the Aloe yet, but as someone that used to get sunburnt easily, I bet it would be a great way to soothe a burn. The continuous spray is light and even unlike a pump spray nozzle. You can find more information about the Spray n' Go lotions from the Vaseline site

Overall, I give this box a B rating. The lotion, belVita Breakfast Biscuits, and Dickinson's Witch Hazel were real winners! They are all products similar to what I would look into purchasing for myself regularly. Some of them, I have already purchased more of or plan to in the future. The Nectresse was take it or leave it. And the Optic White toothpaste and mouthwash were definitely a NO. 
I received all the items above free for testing purposes, but I was not paid for a positive recommendation. All the opinions above are honest and my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment