Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thankfulness

This morning I was up before the sun even started peaking its head up over the tree line. In fact, our bedroom was pitch black still and it felt odd that my body was willing me to get out of bed. Let me back up by saying ever since I was a child, I have been waking on my own, most days, between 6 and 7:30 am especially in Flagstaff where the sun is up by 6am in the summer. Sure enough, when I rolled over and put my glasses on, the clock was saying it was six. I tossed and turned a little while before I stopped resisting and got up.

I set the water for tea and turned around to see the tiniest change in the color of the sky over the forest. For some reason, I was taken aback. Why was it so dark at this hour? Then I realized I had practically missed fall! Or more accurately, we really didn't have fall this year. The temperatures were mild this summer and the chill came early. In fact from September through most of November, the weather couldn't make up its mind.

The water started to whistle and I bundled up and sat on the porch with the camera. I sipped and I snapped using the self timing feature on the camera. I got a few great shots then turned it off. I continued to just sit there, taking it all in. It has been awhile since the sunrise was that peaceful and quiet for me.

I am so very thankful that I have been so blessed in life. We are so lucky to be able to live in this beautiful apartment right on the edge of the forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment