Friday, December 13, 2013

Brownie Crinkle Cookies | Christmas Cookie Recipe Swap

For me, a big part of the holidays is baking treats! I cannot remember a year where I did not bake some kind of Christmas goodies. Even while living in the dorms, I found a way to bake at least one batch of cookies! To jumpstart my holiday baking, I am participating in the Christmas Cookie Recipe Swap.

My partner is the fabulous Amy from Amy's Cooking Adventures. She sent over an easy and tasty recipe for Brownie Crinkle Cookies! Whereas most people love chocolate cookies (as can be seen in the collection below), I am more adventurous with my holiday cookies. Savory cookies are top in my book, but these were fabulous! So easy, and so delicious!

Brownie Crinkle Cookies
ingredients
  • 1 family size box fudge brownie mix 
  • 1 cup flour 
  • 1 egg 
  • ¼ cup canola oil 
  • ¼ cup water 
  • Powdered sugar
directions
  1. In a large bowl, stir together the brownie mix, flour, egg, oil and water. Mix until thoroughly combined, the batter will be quite stiff. If you’re having trouble incorporating all the dry ingredients, add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time. 
  2. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat. Place powdered sugar into small bowl. 
  3. Use a 1 tablespoon scoop to measure out the dough. Gently roll the dough into a ball. Roll the dough balls through the powdered sugar and place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. 
  4. Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are set. Cool on the tray for 5 minutes, then move to wire racks to cool completely.

Amy and I were not the only ones to swap recipes. Below you will find a whole linkup filled with great recipes! Also, don't forget to check out the hosts: Real Housemoms, {i love} My Disorganized Life and White Lights on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment